Starting late June or early July

Espen1, Freitag, 28. Februar 2014, 01:30 (vor 3722 Tagen) @ K2

Thanks for your answers K2, and hello Daniela!

I was kind of waiting for more answers, but I guess there are none to be had :-)

Perhaps you can help me some more. I don't understand the problem that I (or we) might run into if I start early. I gather that the places you mentioned has a lot of snow (depending on the weather april/june and amount of snow of course) and that will make it hard to pass. But what exactly is the problem? Is the snow so loose I can't walk on it? Is it somehow unsafe to pass these places? What, exactly, makes these areas unpassable?
Also, can the problem areas you mentioned be passed if I bring crampons and/or snowshoes? I don't mind hiking on snow if that means I can actually do the trip.

Please understand I don't want to be reckless or anything like that. I just want to understand the nature of the problems I might be facing and see if there are ways to mitigate them.
I really do want to do the walk this summer, and hate the thought of not knowing if it's at all possible until a week or so before I have to start. If I can't know for sure it will also make stuff like getting plane tickets, gearing up, alternate vacation plans etc more of a pain :-/

Thanks again!

Espen

gesamter Thread:

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion