Alpine clubs

Espen1, Samstag, 05. April 2014, 09:54 (vor 3693 Tagen)

Good morning!

I have a question regarding membership in alpine clubs in in the countries I'll be passing through. From what I've been reading DAV and OEAV looks like the best options for Germany and Austria. Do I need membership in both clubs to get a discount on the huts in both countries? What membership(s) would be best for me (I do have a European Health Insurance Card and travel insurance so I won't be needing any more insurance at least.
This will be my only trip in the Alps this year so I'd rather not pay for more then I have to :-)

Also I have no idea how things work on the Italian side. If anyone can give me any advice on which, if any, membership I should look for in Italy it would help a lot!

Best regards,
Espen

Alpine clubs

K2+, Samstag, 05. April 2014, 10:19 (vor 3693 Tagen) @ Espen1

Hello Espen.

All the major alpine clubs (DAV - Germany, OeAV - Austria, CAI - Italy, AVS - South Tyrol, SAC/FAT/AAC - Switzerland, CAF - France, LAV - Liechtenstein, PZS - Slovenia, ...) and even some alpine clubs of countries outside the Alps (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, ...) tread members of one association on their alpine huts like own members (so-called "Gegenrecht").

In Austria there are even additional agreements ("Gegenrecht - Österreich") between further Austrian clubs (e.g. ÖTK with his hut at the M-V route: Tuxer-Joch-Haus) and the OeAV and the DAV: Members of one of those clubs are treaded equal to own members - members of alpine clubs of other countries are EXCLUDED there.

Therefore from my point of view becoming member of a section of German or Austrian alpine club makes the most sense for you.

You can read a current overview (in German) at:
https://www.alpenverein.at/kufstein_wAssets/docs/Gegenrecht2014.pdf

Which section you choose doesn't matter, but they have different prices for membership (because the offer different additional activities and hardware for rent - but of course that's completely irrelevant for you) and sometimes they demand additional fees for sending the membership card to foreign countries !

K2.

P.S.: Today I'll meet some members of my home section and I could ask them, how much a membership would cost for you.

Alpine clubs

Espen1, Samstag, 05. April 2014, 10:52 (vor 3693 Tagen) @ K2+

K2+: Thanks for your quick reply, very informative!
If you could check with your home section I'd really appreciate it. Also, they would have to ship it to Norway I guess.

Thanks again!

Espen

Alpine clubs Gegenrecht

av-tirol ⌂ @, Hall, Sonntag, 06. April 2014, 12:44 (vor 3692 Tagen) @ Espen1

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion